The Coronavirus Covid-19 has left all of us scrambling to determine what the situation is and what does it mean going forward. It can be a very different challenge from what organizations are used to.
With that challenge in mind, we at Experts In HOW, LLC have consolidated a list of key elements of Governance to address within your organizations. This list of elements to be addressed is intended to help you and your associates:
- Stay focused on company goals
- Provide a structured communication protocol for the entire company, that will let associates know when/where/how to get factual information that they need to perform their jobs
- Provide information to all associates regarding steps the company has taken/is taking to focus on safety in the workplace
- Address any new procedures/restrictions that apply to your business regarding travel, group meetings, cleaning practices, and visitors to company facilities
- Let your associates know what to do if they are or feel sick, including symptoms, where to go, and who to contact at the company to let them know.
- Address the impact on current company policies, including but not limited to, sick leave, parental leave, and working from home through a company-wide communication
- Review and improve, where necessary your information technology capabilities in order to insure your associates have access to the information and technical support needed
- Gain an understanding of any governmental relief resources for the company and its associates
- Take some time to calculate pro-forma financial statements, including calculate a projected “stress test” on your cash flow, based on disruption scenarios of your supply chain and your customers in order to manage the business effectively through this period of uncertainty
The details of how to address these elements can be found within your company, through governmental agencies, medical professionals, and other outside experts. This list is intended to help your company get organized, set clear expectations, and provide productive communication that helps you and your associates successfully navigate these difficult times.
We hope you and your families are staying safe during this global health crisis.